Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Aw Thanksgiving... A Holiday that our nation can agree on.  Finally! We can still call it Thanksgiving and not some politically correct version (i.e. Spring Spheres instead of Easter Eggs) 

 In a extremely short line or two, I'm unbelievably grateful for all that I've been blessed with. First, and most importantly my husband who is my biggest blessing ever. I love him with all that I have.  My family is wonderful.  I'm grateful for my education, my knowledge I've acquired, and for all the small things that make big differences.  I'm grateful we have a Holiday to be grateful!

And as for the turkey side of it, Thanksgiving around the Schaap house is no joke.  We break out the smoker for the turkey, have a pie contest, and all end up in a turkey coma.  And as good as the meal (and the leftover turkey sandwiches) is, the prep and the quality family time are the best part.  I love the time in the kitchen with my family! Yes, cooking is my favorite hobby, but I love the funny interaction that we have while we are in the kitchen.  There always tends to be funny, irrelevant arguments happening while 20 things are going on.  Makes me laugh! And poor Brad has been thrust into the middle of it! However, I think he likes it :) 

Here's some pictures! 
These little beauties went in my (prize winning) pecan pie!

Brad was taking action shots of all the pies.

And when he wasn't taking pics, he was doing some artwork....

Apple!!



Lemon Meringue- Gpa's favorite

Brad's Beautiful Sour Cream Blueberry Crumble Pie

Yummy....
That's a winner.

Smoked

Roasted

Because everyone needs two turkeys right?


The Lineup.  Mom entered a Banana Cream in there too. As did Costco with a pumpkin.
Thanksgiving was really quite relaxing, amongst all the kitchen chaos.  I loved it and had a great time.  Just missed my little brother! 
 
And Bonus- Brad had a double header that weekend too! 


You tell em B!



Ok, so I'm no sports photographer, but I love to watch him play and love going to games! Great weekend overall!

Now back to studying... Dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment