Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lyssa's Wedding and Christmas Time!

 Well the day finally came that these two got married.  Alyssa and I have been good friends for a while and also wrote missionaries at the same time.  It's our sad little bonding saga.  Haha.  Just kidding.  Lys and I were roommates at Utah State and she's one of my very best friends! Let's just say that through it all- her and Jake have been a long time coming.  They were married in the Draper Temple on December 3 and it was a beautiful day!!

Mr. and Mrs. Poulson
(stole this off Felicia's facebook- thanks!)
Keep in mind it was FREEZING this day. Oh. my it was cold. She's in short sleeves!
 Congrats Lys!! It was also really fun to see a bunch of friends we haven't seen for a while! Wedding receptions are great for that reason! 

Also....
Brad and I got our first Christmas Tree!! Woohoo!! We found this cute little guy and knew it was perfect :) Nothing better than the smell of that tree when you walk in your house!
(Cough, Cough BLAKELY!) haha 
 And tada! Now it feels like the Christmas season :)



 AND (this is a post with a lot of great things in it) 
AND we got to go to the First Presidency Devotional last weekend! We were lucky enough to get the invite from our great friends (Curtis & Lindsey and Tim & Tim's date Ali) who we never get to see anymore! So we were very excited to go!

 And yes, Brad and I were freezing so we came all bundled up!


 So much fun! We had a blast!

Sidenote- Brad and I came to the First Presidency Devotional 4 YEARS AGO!! Crazy.  We were not dating then, but I think we both wanted to be :) Here's some throwback pics for the fun of it... 


Haha this picture sums it up- Crazy-eyed Matt and Tai in the background!


How young do we (by we I mean Brad) look? Haha this in 2007, if we only knew...
Now B & I are 5 finals and 3 days away from Christmas break :) Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a great tree. One of these years we'll get a real one again. I hate having a fake one. We were watching the devotional...maybe we saw you at some point! Ha ha ha. It's crazy how much younger Brad looked 4 years ago. Do we really send those little pip squeaks on missions???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaina I saw your tree and it looks great! I love real trees, and it is kind of a necessity here because we don't have any storage! haha we keep our extra case of waters in the trunk of my car! Haha You do what you gotta do :) Isn't that picture funny? Brad does look young in that, however he has always seemed very mature for his age as long as I've known him. As is Kyle! So if all 19 yr olds were like the Browns, I wouldn't worry at all!! :) Hope we get to see you guys next week!

    ReplyDelete