Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 2011

Lots has been happening around here! 

Another semester is in the books!! And it went pretty well for both Brad and I! There may have been some A's and class high scores mixed in there somewhere :) 

We had a blast a few weeks ago when a bunch of our friends drove down from Logan to go to Brad's game.  Jordan, Megan and I went shopping before the game and then we all went out to dinner after.  Very fun and we are so grateful for such fun friends!
 In between all the basketball games and things, we have been busy in the kitchen.  With cookies of course, but also with one of Brad and I's favorite meals- Risotto! It is quickly becoming our specialty as we are getting quite good at it.  Dare I say we've mastered it?? This one was a sun-dried tomato basil risotto with a herb-crusted, pan seared Halibut.  Haha. Doesn't everyone have that for dinner? I like to cook :)

uh- yum!

We went to Seattle! Well technically Bellevue, which we absolutely love! It was so much fun to be with Charley, Meri and Mel! Continuously munching on cookies (why do I not have a picture of this), went to Mel's games (yes she plays both JV AND Varsity-woo woo!), went to visit Cam and Erin & their 3 boys who are adorable, I went on a trail run with Charley which was really awesome and fun! (and by fun I mean the thinking your heart might beat out of your chest kind of fun- I loved it!), ate to our stomach's content at a Brazilian steakhouse, had early Christmas presents, and relaxed!  What a fun trip!
I know it is hard to see but that is really Brad and Charley in the Smartcar.  It can be done people!
Pike's Place! We love it!! Cioppino, lots of samples, smoked salmon, the cheese factory, farmer's market, all the yummy, yummy fruit! Who doesn't love Pike's place??
French Pastry Shop on the Pier

And sadly, we missed Jeff, Shaina, Jay and Rose by one day!! Dang it!! We came home to have Christmas with the Schaaps! This includes my favorite: Christmas Eve Sushi Night!!! I absolutely love this tradition we've had in my family for MANY years.  I love rolling sushi, and I try to pick up a few new tricks every year.  This year was a complete success! And I'm a little worried that the student might become the master! Brad tried rolling one and was a pro! He's so Japanese- I'm so proud!


 And on to Christmas day!
We were able to talk to Robbie on the phone for an hour and it was sooooo much fun to hear his voice! We had both Grandparents there to say hi and he just sounded so happy to hear our voices.  It is getting to that point in his mission where we are just ready for him to come home!! 6 more months! We can make it!

We went to church to hear my mom play flawlessly in the choir program.  What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas by listening to Beautiful Christmas music in the Lord's house.

The very familiar Charlie Brown Christmas Shirt.  If any of you have seen Brad in this month of December, he was most likely wearing this shirt. Haha gotta love it.
 For any of you who know my dad, you know the DeWalt shirt.  Haha. Brad and I thought we would be SOOOO funny and make him his own for Christmas.  We designed and ordered this shirt a few months ago and have been bursting at the seams for him to open it.  It is Hilarious!!! On the Front: StEVE on the back: GUARANTEED TOUGH.

So Funny! We were all laughing SO hard when he opened it.  The best part about it is that he looks totally normal wearing it because we are so used to him wearing the similar dewalt shirt. Hilarious. What is with our family and wearing shirts a lot? haha

We had a wonderful Christmas and are still enjoying our break! Hope everyone had a great Holiday!!  

1 comment:

  1. i love seattle! yay! so fun to see you last week dani :)

    ReplyDelete