Well, here I am. In January. I feel like one of THOSE people that is back a the gym in a brand new matching outfit that has never been worn before. In January. But, thankfully for my own sanity, I am not one of those people. Either in the gym or on the blog. Because believe it or not, blogging did NOT make my goal list for 2014. Didn’t even cross my mind actually. So it is kind of ironic that I’m even writing any of this.
Anyway, I do love setting goals. Mostly because I love accomplishing goals. And again for my own sanity I have always called them goals, not resolutions. I feel like this is one of the best things that was ingrained in me from my volleyball career. And it is true what they say: you NEED to be specific, and you NEED absolutely NEED to write them down. I love it.
That being said, Brad is also great at setting & accomplishing goals. So when we have these conversations we feed off each other. So this is not our complete list, but a few of the things we did accomplish in 2013 include:
- Temple once per month – We only missed July when Brad was in Seattle.
- Date night every week – Let’s be honest, we don’t have kids yet so EVERY night is date night. Check this one off.
- 350 hours studying for the MCAT – He far surpassed this one.
- A in Organic Chemistry – Check!
- Find & Apply to 25 best Med Schools – Check, now just waiting…
- Run in an official Half Marathon Race – Check!
- Host a dinner Party one a month – Didn’t keep exact track of this, but however many it was I want to do more :)
- Get my Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification – Check!
I don’t list these out to brag, I only document them because it is good to celebrate our accomplishments! There are a handful of things we didn’t quite complete, but they have rolled over into the 2014 list. It is good to set aggressive goals :) Here’s a few of our new goals we are striving for in 2014… It’s a big year for us!
- Buy a House!
- Get into Med School
- Ride a century in under 6 hours
- Magnify calling in Young Men’s
- Journal once/week – electronic? – I used to be VERY good at this, it has slipped the last 2 years. I want to get back to it.
- 100% Visiting Teaching – Hey, I’m trying here people
- Learn to play (at least) 8 songs flawlessly on the piano
- CROSSFIT queen – lots of specifics on this one :)
Lots of goals which means lots of things to work towards and lots of things to look forward to. It feels so good! 2014 is HUGE for us, so might as well be improving ourselves at the same time. Here’s to 2014! We’ve been waiting for you for a long time…
And just for fun here is some proof Brad is already working hard toward one of his goals: