Thursday, January 24, 2013

Out of my mind.

A few thoughts that need to be documented here. Because I’m trying to get them out of my brain!

1. I have survived my first experience with layoffs. Yikes. Got the good word this morning that the process is complete, phew. There was some bad juju around here the last few days. It has made everyone on edge and incredibly anxious. It seems strange that the Church would be laying people off, but it is a tough world out there and unfortunately, it is still a business and the Church is not immune to that. My department got hit with a 7% “reduction in force” aka RIF which is about 80 people. It has made me even more grateful for my job and the wonderful living situation we are in. I’m grateful to still have a job I love.

2. I cannot get the Les Mis soundtrack out of my brain. Seriously. Neither can Brad, haha. That crazy snow day while we were shoveling he just kept singing “I’ll escape now from that world, from a world of Jean Valjean. There is no where I can turn, there is no way to go ONNNNNNNNN!!!!” Ok yes, I have listened to the soundtrack like every day since we saw the movie, but I can’t get enough! My favorite song changes daily, but overall I love Empty chairs at empty tables. But today my favorite is “Is Marius in love at last? I’ve never heard him Ooooo and Ahhhhh” I’m a little obsessed here people. “It is time for us all to decide who we arrrreee” I love it!

3. My Kitchen. This is a whole other post, but I’m SO pumped. Little changes go a long way in our little basement apartment. My dad’s a master when it comes to home renovations, and I love doing these projects with him! I’ll put up some pictures when they become AFTER pictures. But here is my favorite picture, haha. Brad was giving me a foot rub while I painted :)

 P1070540

4. COLD. My body doesn’t let me forget the temperature outside for one moment. Continuous goosebumps. Ice storm in SLC this morning? Really? 128 traffic accidents this morning just in the Salt Lake Valley. YIKES. Check it out HERE. It is going to be a balmy 30 degrees this weekend, breakout the swim suits! I miss Hawaii.

5. Ice Cream. It is freezing outside I know, but I still love it. And I want some right now.

6. And last but not least, just because of the title of this post – it reminds me of this AWESOME video from a while ago. A hip-hop dancer and a ballet dancer. So You Think You Can Dance. Even if you don’t like either of these styles of dance, this video is still pretty sweet. I live vicariously through people who can dance. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen that video until just now and I love it! I am also now listening to Les Mis on Spotify...look what you have done to me!

    ReplyDelete